The SimStack 7 Segment Board is designed will support up to 4 blocks of eight 7 segment characters. This provides an array of up to 32 7 segment characters that can be controlled by each SimStack board. As is a standard features with SimStack outputs, each block of 7 segment characters can be individually dimmed.
This board is designed to simplify the support of 7 segment displays and is especially useful for customers who are building bespoke auto-pilot control panels. The board can also be used to support 8 x 8 LED dot matrix displays.
The SimStack 7 Segment Board offers the flexibility of allowing the use of both common anode and common cathode displays. IDC ribbon cable connectors allow simple wiring and Simulator Solutions can supply a breakout board to suit most 7 segment display blocks.
As with all SimStack boards, this unit is designed to stack onto of a SimStack Foundation Board.
SimStack 7 Segment Board Features
- Support for up to 32, 7 segment characters, grouped in in blocks of 8
- Support for 8 x 8 LED matrix displays
- Use of the MAX7219 Multiplexing chip
- Common Anode or Common Cathode displays supported
- Independent dimming of each array
- Built in 5V supply
- Dimensions: 160mm wide, 32mm high & 15mm thick
Hardware Price from: US$80.00*
To purchase SimStack boards, request a quote or for more information please use our Contact Us form.